Anyone have any experience with a cat skid loader just stop working with the engine still running and no indicator lights turning on? I was using it and it just stopped in it's tracks. Both joy sticks will do nothing. I looked over all the wiring see nothing obvious, ecm under the floor looks good just a little dusty. Not sure where to find drawings or info for troubleshooting. Any thoughts appreciated.
Posting a Serial Number makes accessing information easier. Take a look a the hydraulically-driven fan for the cooler package. If you start the engine does the fan immediately start turning.?
252EFDG0078. When started the hydraulic fan for the radiator does not spin.
By the symptoms of how the machine stopped I would say that the coupler between the engine and the hydraulic pump package has failed. There have also been cases where the Hub #5 has come loose and moved on the pump shaft resulting in the coupling becoming decoupled if you get my drift. Either way it would require disassembly for evaluation.
Makes sense. Appreciate the advice. I suppose i could check output pressure if there is a point to measure from, but I assume the fan is direct supply off the pump. Also if you could share, where do you get the part drawings?
Here are the checks for both implement pilot pressure and main relief valve pressure. If both tests show zero I would call the coupler as the culprit.
Typically with Cat skid steers charge pressure runs from the pump and through the fan before heading off to the rest of the system. So if the fan isn't turning and the machine has no other operable functions its usually drive coupler failure. If the coupler has failed, definitely check that you don't have a seized pump. Also wouldn't hurt to double check your pressures if the pumps aren't seized once its all back together. Pressures above spec are going to put more strain on that coupler.
They are from the Parts Manual for your machine. Cat Publication reference SEBP3271. Here's a link to one on eBay
Took me a while to figure out how to get it in the shop but finally did. The 2 bolts that hold all of the hydraulics to the engine were not tight, one had worked itself completely out. So I'm sure its just the flange 226-7635 that needs replaced. Are aftermarket parts just as good? They are 1/2 the price of cat? Regal is what I'm thinking. Is it best to replace it by removing the engine and all or just unbolt the pump and pull it back for little for more room?
When you see the amount of work needed for R&I plus D&A you’ll start to ask yourself if it’s worth risking using aftermarket parts in that location. Personally I wouldn’t but don’t let fear stop you…. Both methods will work. A lot depends on the lifting equipment you have available.