Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 252B – No Movement

NCPIPELINE ยท 2013-09-04 05:59

Getting ready to head out to where the machine died on my guys yesterday. Here is the information I have. "Machine starts fine, take parking brake off(brake light goes away), move both joysticks and nothing. No movement in tires, or lift or tilt cylinders. Thoughts?

Replies3
  1. #1mikebramel2013-09-04 07:34

    No pilot pressure

  2. #2NCPIPELINE2013-09-04 07:36

    How can I confirm this? How can I test that the hydraulic pump is actually being spun by the motor and the spline shaft from motor to pump has not stripped/broke?

  3. #3farmkid16_20022013-09-10 18:03

    Test With some one spinning the motor over or by you spinning with a socket on the crank check the hyd fan to see if it is rotating. That is the first thing that receives oil from the hystat when pumping. If the fan is not turning the coupling is most likely stripped, nothing but a plastic ring gear.