Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 252B Overheat Dummy light

Canadian_digger ยท 2010-01-23 18:48

I have a little problem with my Cat 252B skid steer. The engine over heat dummy light came on the other day when I first started the machine just to move it over and stays lit when the engine has not even reached operating temp. found the sensor near the thermostat housing and unplugged it and the light when out, and goes back on when you plug it back it. The light seems to not be as bright as the others and I can barely hear the warning buzzer. Could this just be a bad sensor? Could it be removed and cleaned? or would it need a new one? Any help would be great! Thanks

Replies6
  1. #1DRPEPPER2010-01-23 18:57

    it needs to be replaced it most likley went bad

  2. #2Rebeldude2342010-03-23 18:44

    The switch has failed, it is a normally open switch so then you un-plug it and the warning light goes off it confirms that the switch has failed.

  3. #37072011-03-20 22:58

    How did you resolve this issue? I have a 277B with the same problem Thanks?

  4. #4WV earth mover2011-03-21 21:21

    Just had to buy one yesterday for my 236B there about 60 bucks first part ever bought for the machine in 2100 hrs , probably my fault for bragging on cat the day befor on HEF .Just took a guess on diagnoses but lucked out ,called a friend who has a 236 and he changed his last week .Guess we have found cats weakness at least its not a real bad prob to have. [if u have a good machine better keep quiet]

  5. #57072011-03-22 01:24

    thanks for the help.. my 277B only has around 1000 hrs on it and this is going to be also the only part I've bought for this machine. CAT or nothing

  6. #6rooies132012-06-28 15:36

    my 226B did the same and it turned out to be the sensor