Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 252B wire question

Canadian_digger ยท 2008-11-18 20:51

I think I have a problem with my aux electrical lines. I'm looking for some help. I just bought a 2005 Cat 252B and a Quick Attach snow blower. The snow blower is not working correctly and I think it is because. The wire letter H (brown wire) on the end of the aux electrical connector has power going to it all the time. I think it should only have power when the button is press in the cab. Does anyone know if the power should be on all the time or just when the button pressed in the cab? I know this my be confusing I tried to explain as best as I could. Thanks

Replies5
  1. #1Canadian_digger2008-11-19 17:26

    Found the problem. Stupid me had a continouse flow switch on in the cab. New machine still learning.

  2. #2CarterKraft2008-11-30 21:38

    good thing you got it going. if you have any questions you can PM me, I'll try to help.

  3. #3GOINGBROKE2008-11-30 22:35

    How do you like the snowblower? What size is it? Thinking of getting one for my 252b

  4. #4KSSS2008-12-01 01:19

    I ran a 2400XL 73" on a CASE 440 with high flow in Big Sky. The blower was fantastic. The ad says you can throw snow for 40' and they were not lying. I like that everything was plug and play. You can control everything off of the OEM controls on the skid steer (at least on this machine). If you have enough gpm on your machine I don't think you can find a better blower.

  5. #5Canadian_digger2008-12-01 19:23

    It's a 2000 Series 79" wide. WE did not get any snow yet so I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. Once it snows I will report back and let you know how it works