Was helping a building up a pad next to a building which has a drop off next to it. While piling fill I backed down the hill with boom raised. When I hit bottom machine stopped and the boom carried it over onto its roof. Thanks to God and Caterpillar, I was not hurt. I left the machine on its top overnight and rolled it over with my loader. Removed glow plugs and pumped the oil out of the cylinders. Removed air filters and drained oil from intake. Refilled crank case and attempted to start the engine. Engine tried to start but did not and just turned over after that. No smoke from exhaust. Cracked injector lines and no fuel. Started bleeding procedure from fuel filter to injector pump and got a little air out. While cranking not getting any fuel at injectors. Checked voltage at fuel cutoff switch on injector pump and have 12 volts with key on. I don't hear or feel a click coming from switch though. Where do I go from here?
Pull the solenoid off, and try some manual stimulation...
Found the problem to be the fuel cut off solenoid. Removed it and was able to bleed injector lines all the way to injectors. Tightened them up and she cranked right up. Tested solenoid with 12 volts and had no movement. New one on order. No I have to put up with the oil smoke until it burns out.
Glad you got it fixed easily. I used my skid to pull trees with and every now and then one would break off rather than pull free. Looking at the sky and wondering if you gonna flip over isn't fun. Funny thing is how it seems to happen in slow motion.
Your right. It does happen in slow motion but funny thing is that there's still time to say CRAP, CRAP, CRAP while rolling over.
New Issue Ok, now when I start the machine first time cold, I get some smoke and rough running for about 30 seconds and a light tapping. The tapping goes away at higher RPM's but comes back at lower RPM's. Don't know it I have a injector problem, head gasket or piston issue.
Bent push tube? Easy to check anyway.