Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 257d button

Ravot22 · 2025-03-02 21:31

What is this button (257d skid steer)

Replies10
  1. #1Simon C2025-03-02 21:43

    Your opeerators manual behind the seat will tell what it's function is. If it is not there I would suggest you buy one from Cat as there is too many things on these new units to remember it all. That is my advice. It has something to do with the bucket, but guessing is all I could tell you. Simon C

  2. #2Nige2025-03-02 22:54

    Agree you need a manual if there isn't one in the pocket behind the seat, especially true if you plan on doing your own maintenance. Post a Serial Number, I can probably point you to genuine OEM manuals for less than you will pay at a dealer. BTW a 257D isn't a skid steer but a Multi terrain Loader.

  3. #3HarleyHappy2025-03-03 07:47

    Looks like a skid steer to me, when I look it up on Ritchie?

  4. #4Nige2025-03-03 10:03

    Apparently the manufacturer doesn't think so.

  5. #5Simon C2025-03-03 10:31

    I can assure you that everything posted on Ritchie Bros., is not always Gospel truth. Simon C

  6. #6HarleyHappy2025-03-03 10:46

    Certainly not trying to start something and know already that Ritchie specs can be off but personal experience says that the manufacturer can say my balls are blue but I can assure, that they are not. I read where they listed it as a Multi Terrain Loader but my eyes and brain, which I can assure you may not be working correctly, scream SKID STEER when it turns.

  7. #7Tyler d4c2025-03-03 11:02

    A d11 skids to steer thats doesnt make is a skid steer.

  8. #8heymccall2025-03-03 11:29

    I've always referred to them as a CTL (Compact Track Loader). Most likely, that is an emergency boom lower lever. An even slightly raised boom will prevent the door from opening, when the engine is stalled.

  9. #9HarleyHappy2025-03-03 22:50

    Potatoes and tomatoes. Hash or ham. A dozer is a closer and a skid steer turns like a queer. lol. It’s all good, especially if it’s yellow, or Power Tan. lol

  10. #1092U 34062025-03-03 23:45

    I believe that is the button to manually lower the loader arms.