I replaced a busted hydraulic line on my cat and refilled the fluid reservoir. After starting the machine back up the other track (left) won't turn. Its almost like its just stuck in park. What am I missing? Air in the line, speed sensor, or a valve that won't open? It's stuck on a job site now and only the right track will turn. The arms and bucket operate fine now. I just can't get the left track to budge. The busted line was on the right track so I don't know why this is happening to the left track. I didn't even mess with this side.
Make sure to check to see if the motor, on that side, hasn't sheared a key. Stuff happens, sometimes 2 things at once... Oh, and welcome to HEF...
Did you ever get this figured out? Does it lug down when you move the joystick forward like its stalling the pump? Doubt Its your problem because you would have a fault code, but make sure the pump solenoids are connected. Sometimes youll unhook stuff to make things easier to change a hose and then forget to hook it back up! Ive been guilty of that before...
Mine is doing just that. It just started doing it today. When looking out of the window, I can get about 1"-2" of movement out of the track, then it feels like it's locked on something. I thought something was wedged in the track, but nothing is in there. Any advice?
Is there oil in your final drive
I'll be checking that today. There has never been a noticeable leak anywhere, though.
IMHO the oil in them should be replaced every engine oil change or yearly
After further inspection, it is also now my formal opinion that the oil should be changed every engine oil change or yearly I have the circlip out, but how do I remove the cover plate? I'm thinking that I need a puller?
I usually use a slide hammer. If you have access to a welder, you can make an adapter from the plug, weld the plug to a bolt (or nut) with the same thread as the slide hammer and youll be good to go. Try to get the edge as clean as you can around the plate so youre not fighting against a ton of dirt.