I just purchased this machine and it didn't come with a manual. I'd like to drain the hyd oil tank, but for the life of me can't find the tank drain. It's a 2015 model. Can some point me in the right direction?
#21 is a hydraulic plug in the end of that hose. That hose is the drain.
Ya that's what I thought too, but that drain hose connects to to a 90 degrees fitting and goes back up towards the firewall. I think I might disconnect that 90 and just let it drain from there.
Well now that you know how to drain the oil make sure you refill with the correct oil. About the first thing I would say you need to get is an Operator's/Maintenance manual! Follow this link: https://www.servicemanualpro.com/?page=products&category=20&model=259D COMPACT TRACK LOADER For $42.00 you can get a CD, a little more if you prefer a paper copy, that will answer most of your questions and probably save you from doing damage to the machine. And once you have the manual read it from cover to cover, not in one sitting but as soon as possible! the machine's and your life may depend on it!
There is four serial number prefixes. I picked one. What is yours?
I think you've got the wrong hose. Sometimes it gets buried in dirt on the bottom. May want to consider removing and cleaning out the tank while you have it drained. Metal tends to collect on the bottom over time. Removal is usually pretty easy. After a good wash around the area for contamination control its like a 10-15 minute job to remove it from the machine.
I removed the lowest hose and it drained just fine. I never really thought of doing that. Next service I'll for sure keep that in mind.
Thanks for the link. I'll definitely buy that manual. I filled it with AW32. That's standard in all my heavy equipment. I'll double check them manual.
Thanks a lot.
You can actually download an Operation & Maintenance Manual in pdf format direct from a Cat website for less than $50. Lots of options for 259D. Post your machine Serial Number and I can walk you through the process.
Sounds great i'll do that this weekend.
Go to - https://catpublications.com/ When the popup appears, click on "Continue as Guest" With a Serial Number I could tell you exactly how to do it, but try typing 259D in the box and click the Search button. I'm not sure if you have a 259D or a D3, so be careful. The search will also throw up Parts Manuals as well as Operation & Maintenance. If you need help shout out.
I need to get manual for sure, does the normal operation manual show how to do the hydraulic tank removal? Also does anything need to be bled post tank removal?
No it doesn't. That would be in the Service Manual that costs anywhere from $700 upwards.
Drain tank. Disconnect hoses. Unbolt brackets. Remove. Certainly not that easy on s Takeuchi TL150.
Right, after lifting the cab and taking a look... simple.