Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 259d rear window replacement

Roger81 ยท 2023-07-10 16:31

Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice on reinstalling my rear emergency exit window for Cat259d. I have been successful in getting the window and outside rubber seal in place on the equipment frame, but I am not sure how to install the inside zip strip rubber seal that holds the window in place. Any tips, tricks or suggestions would be great.

Replies5
  1. #1Nige2023-07-10 17:59

    I'd say you will need a set of tools something like THIS , especially the two in the centre, to install the locking strip into the groove.

  2. #2Roger812023-07-12 08:38

    Thank you for your assistance. That's exactly what I need for expanding the rubber channel and inserting the bead. Much appreciated

  3. #3Nige2023-07-12 08:41

    You're welcome. At one time Cat had a set of tools for "old fashioned" (as opposed to bonded) glass installation but it seems to have been discontinued. I couldn't find a Part Number for it anywhere.

  4. #4heymccall2023-07-12 10:13

    I inherited these. Diamond tip for lace strip install. Hook for self locking seal.

  5. #5heymccall2023-07-12 10:21

    Somaca still markets them