Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 259d , regen , red light(icon) beeping

Toolhawk1 ยท 2025-05-11 17:03

After I let my machine run the complete Regen It Idled down and now I have the red icon, The exhaust regen symbol is still on and it continuously beeps... machine still runs as it should.. but not using until I get more information/ fixed. Serial # FTL 13011, use machine around farm / camp. Is there anything I can do other than call cat field service? Northern Michigan

Replies10
  1. #1ianjoub2025-05-11 18:32

    I have no experience with this make and model. Does it have a DPF? If so, it may need to be cleaned. My Volvo EC480 would go into regen every 30 minutes or so. I cleaned the DPF and no regen for 50+ hours now.

  2. #2Nige2025-05-11 18:42

    First up it is going to need ET to see what diagnostic Codes/Events are present. Unfortunately the particular indicator panel you have is not capable of pulling up those Codes. However just because it needs ET doesn't necessarily require a dealer. Any local independent mechanic with ET will be able to do just the same job if you can find one. Last suggestion would be to haul the machine to the dealer rather than pay the mileage charges for someone to come to you.

  3. #3Toolhawk12025-05-11 19:37

    Thanks for the responses, what you guys are saying it was what I was finding, but i'm just not up to speed on these things mechanically, let's just say, but learning, the good news is Michigan cat has a tech. In Posen which is ten miles from... so mileage wouldn't be too awfully bad.

  4. #4Nige2025-05-11 19:48

    Based on the experience of others I would suggest that you ask about travel time/mileage charges first. You may be in for a rude shock.

  5. #5ADJ582025-06-14 12:12

    Hi Toolhawk1, Did the dealer clear this for you? I have the same issue. Thanks

  6. #6Nige2025-06-14 12:19

    Take a look at the photo in the OP. Does your panel look exactly like that one or does it have two gauges like the illustration below.?

  7. #7CM19952025-06-14 12:27

    THIS^^ I have a $1400 field service bill for a $140 sensor... Take it to the dealer.

  8. #8Nige2025-06-14 12:34

    Let's find out what's wrong with it first.........

  9. #9CM19952025-06-14 13:41

    As opposed to calling out field service..

  10. #10Toolhawk12025-06-14 14:07

    Turned out to be 2 items, Re-gen issue was due to bad auxiliary fuel pump , yellow light was speed sensor harness connector, all fixed and moved 120 ton of gravel that proved it's fixed... boy did that field service tech teach me somethings!!