Any ideas why the machine locked out the travel and controls here? Had to climb out the back window and pull it off the ledge with my truck. Motor was still running but controls went dead. ... was only up there for about 30 seconds when it happened.
Blown electrical fuse?
Idk... I’ll check. it fired up and ran fine after I dragged it down from there. no warnings or alerts edit: motor oil and hydro are at the right level
My guess... it ran out of hyd oil.
Damn... I think you’re right. hell... if that toasted my pumps I’ll be pretty bummed
On second thoughts (after turning my screen sideways) the angle isn't too extreme. The tank would be some what depleted since the load frame was raised... maybe the hyd oil was low to begin with? Chances of destroying the pumps would be pretty low in my opinion, but depends ow long it was run like that for. Could be worth changing the oil and cutting your filters open.
Hydro tank is absolutely at the top... just touching max level. ran for 30-40 seconds at that angle before it quit and then idled the motor less than a minute while trying to figure out what was going on. Crossing my fingers but I have an extra hydro filter so I’ll remove and inspect tomorrow. Yeah, the angle wasn’t that steep... I’ve definitely had it on steeper inclines with no issues
Go in and checked your logged codes. Possible vibration on a electrical connection or wiring issue. Maybe freak hiccup ( hopefully). Worth a look though.
No drive or loader functions? No codes? Possible the drive coupling between the motor and pumps?
When you start the engine does the fan spin.?
I can't say why you had the problem, but I am pretty sure it wasn't the angle. I have had my 259b3 and 289d at all kinds of crazy angles and have never cavitated the pumps. I could be wrong but I think you would probably flip the machine before you ran the pumps dry, assuming the oil is full.
The fans spin. Found this code logged in diagnostics...this must be what shut things down Hope so at least
Can't be the engine/pump coupling then, the fan wouldn't turn if it was broken. Shouldn't do AFAIK. Here's the troubleshooting procedure for it, see how you make out.
Correct... all that 3700 code will do is stop your bucket auto level system from working and bring on the alert light, nothing else. It'll probably be a wiring fault inside the hose that the wires run through between the load frame and coupler bulkhead. Sometimes the wires get caught up and rub at the back where the load frame meets the machine also.
Thanks Nige!... as usual... you’re on point! I’ll try to follow the procedure ...once the site lets me open that file... as of now when I click on it I get an error saying I have to be logged in to view. guessing there’s still some bugs getting worked out with the website here. Im just glad it’s back!
Well... I did remove the motor less than 100hrs ago... guess I better dig back in
If that's the only active code, and you don't use pallet forks and/or don't use the bucket auto level feature for any other reason, I'd happily just roll with it if it was my machine. That harness cops a hiding.