Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 259d3

KyS650 · 2020-06-14 03:10

I'm looking at making the jump from a wheeled machine to tracks. I've been eyeing the 259d3 pretty hard. Has anyone had any experience with those? Any pros/cons? Any input would be much appreciated.

Replies2
  1. #1ih1002020-06-15 16:59

    Plenty of power, not the most stable machine as they’re a bit short in the tracks. Plenty of aux flow. Thirsty. Not a lot of room in the cab if you’re a big ‘un, and poor rear visibility.

  2. #2One guy construction2020-06-18 11:16

    I had one for 3 years and loved it. sold it to my best friend and got myself a new 299d3, all machines for the most part are good and they all have better qualities than others and some lack in some places compared to others, I have great dealer support with my cat equipment so it would be hard for me to buy something else