I have a Cat 259D3 S/N CAT0259DACW909635 that the dual bucket leveling is not working when I raise the loader up or down. I have 8V voltage and signal voltage to the bucket inclinometer sensor and continuity of all 3 wires going through the loader arm. I happen to have another 259D3 that the dual bucket leveling works on and my wires test the same on the working machine as the non working machine. I have also swapped the bucket inclinometer sensors and the activation switches from one machine to the other and the machine that was working initially was still working and the machine that had the original issue is still not working. The only obvious difference between the two machines is that the Dual Bucket Leveling symbol in the advanced display unit lights up on the machine that is working properly but does not light up on the machine that isn't working. Any thought? All help is greatly appreciated.
You have the Advanced Display. Get into the menus and take a look at both Active & Logged Diagnostic Codes/Events. Post back with a list of whatever comes up. I'm not familiar with this system so maybe it has to be activated in the Configuration Screen using ET. Has the inoperative function ever worked on this particular machine.?
I have no active codes. I do have a few stored codes. They are, 523548-2 CAN Data Link Data Erratic, Intermittent or Incorrect 3700-3 Loader Bucket Inclinometer Sensor Voltage Above Normal 3700-4 Loader Bucket Inclinometer Sensor Voltage Above Normal As for if this function has ever worked I just got this machine a few weeks ago and it has not worked at all since I have owned it.
Your 3700-3 & 3700-4 are the clue. See attached. A relatively common problem often caused by harness issues up around the sensor itself. Also the CAN datalink test in case the 523548-2 ever goes Active. Also when measuring continuity as per the troubleshooting procedure, I would suggest to use a 3-5A test light powered from Batt+ and with the other end of the wire in question connected to machine frame ground. It won't be the first time a multimeter test has shown continuity but there is only one strand of wire literally "holding on" and it breaks down when asked to pass significant current.
So I bypassed the wiring going from the inclinometer to the first split in that harness at the top of the loader arm towards the front of the machine to eliminate the wires that are commonly broken causing the bucket leveling to not work. After doing this and knowing I have good wires going to the sensor the self leveling bucket still is not working and I still have no active codes on my machine.
Can you post a photo showing the general area around the inclinometer sensor please. Also I did take a look at a Config file and the work tool self levelling is a parameter than can be either "Installed" or "Not Installed". Maybe you might have to take a look at the system with ET and check the status of the self-levelling function.
Do you have a multimeter capable of measuring duty cycle.? If you remove the sensor from the machine and then rotate it back & forth you could check the duty cycle between Pins 2 & 3 by back-probing at either side of connector LK-C2 or either side of CONN 26. Failing that it's get hold of someone with ET and in the Machine ECM check the installation status of the self-levelling function.