Cat 259D3 S/N CW916667 when moving the parking brake will suddenly activate throwing you forward. Most of the time I get a code 41-4 8V DC supply voltage below normal. It is usually in high range but occasionally in low. I was told the bucket level sensor could have wires touching in the hose so I unplugged that in the arm. It didn't help. Also told it could be the wheel speed sensors. Not sure how to check them. can you check ohms on the plug? Or do I need to test voltages on the 8V circuit? Any suggestions? And Does anyone have a wiring diagram? I Have also got these: E875-2 Low system voltage check battery 2474-3 2475-3 2476-3
Not your problem. If the wiring to that sensor was dodgy it would crete a Code. It's not, otherwise they would be creating Codes of their own. Is the E875-2 Active.? Answer to this determines how to move forward. You potentially have multiple problems in the position sensors for the LH joystick that controls the drive system, but the voltage issued might need addressing first.
There are no active codes. The E875-2 is a logged code.
Operate the machine again and when it stops suddenly (before switching off) check to see if any of the 2474/2475/2476 Codes are Active. I suspect at least one will be, maybe all three of them. Also at the same time whether the 41-4 is Active or not. If the E875-2 Event is Logged then you are not chasing an electrical system that is low on voltage IMHO. Edit: I need to correct what I said earlier. The 2474/2476 Diagnostic Codes relate to the two position sensors on the LH joystick, the 2475 relates to the FWD/REV position sensor on the RH joystick. With that in mind you could well have an issue related to the 8v supply because it feeds both joystick sensors and quite a few others besides that.
TY. I will get on it as soon as it dries up a little. I'll be back.
If it makes a difference all I do to reset is push the parking brake button.
Not really. What you have to look for is which Diagnostic Codes are Active before you hit reset.
went and just drove back and forth down a path for about 15 min and it did it. only showed the 41-4 code on the main screen. Went to active codes before I reset it and nothing there. There were still logged codes. These were in the diagnostics. see pictures. Once I reset the park brake it did it again within 10ft.
cont.
Here is the troubleshooting procedure for 41-4. The problem is that to troubleshooit it effectively requires it to be Active at the time you are testing. Seeing the 3700-4 mentioned on that list, please unplug the inclinometer wiring at the connector located at the back end of the lift arm (as opposed to the connecttor at the sensor itself) and see how you go.
Thank you! I will try to test these out. But if the code never stays active could it just be a wire chaffed somewhere that shorts to ground momentarily? I have not seen the code stay active.
Certainly. It could even be a wiring harness connector with a loose pin, condensation, corrosion, or another type of contamination.
Do you have a full wiring diagram? Is the ECM under the cab. Labeled J1?
what ended up being the issue with your 259d3 i have one doing the same problems
Does your machine have the Advanced Display like the OP.? If not then post a photo of the panel in the upper RH corner of the cab.