Hello all, looking at a 2003 cat 262 with 1,000hrs and a Terex TSV70 with 1,600hrs both the same price but the Terex is much closer to me. Both machines are in nice shape. The thing that concerns me with the CAT is the well known oil pump and pick up tube issues, has there been any updated parts for the 3034? Or would I be ahead with the 3044 in the Terex even with the extra hours on it? Thanks for any input
The bigger question for me would considering the ASV wheeled machine at all. Taki has been cross branding these for years now as well, but you don't see many of them moving regardless of what color they are painted. I would favor the CAT even though it is older, than the Terex. I thought the majority of engine issues were with the smaller CAT machines not so much the larger machines. Five years from now you would likely be better served by the 262. just my thoughts.
Thanks for the input, would you happen to know if the earlier series 262's had the 3034 or the 3044 or could of it had either engine? If memory serves me right I believe the 3044 was actually the Mitsubishi based engine. I have read some forums of issues with the 262's as some others throwing rods and such due to oil issues but wasnt sure if the 3044 suffered the same issues or not. Thanks again
I am pretty sure its the Mits engine if memory serves correct.