Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 262B starting issue

Jeramy Pittsley · 2021-11-16 22:24

Hello, I have a cat 262b Skidsteer. I just replaced the pilot control valve, serviced, and fixed a few seals. When I tuned the key to the on position it started cranking. I never messed with the starter or any electrical stuff. I’m stumped. Any help would be great.

Replies8
  1. #1Tyler d4c2021-11-16 22:31

    Did you move any wiring harness around while doing your repairs

  2. #2Jeramy Pittsley2021-11-16 22:35

    Yeah, I removed the hydronic tank to get to the ac condenser and fans.

  3. #3Jeramy Pittsley2021-11-16 22:35

    The main harness is back there so it got moved around.

  4. #4Jeramy Pittsley2021-11-17 21:36

    Any ideas?

  5. #5ChuckRock2021-11-18 12:57

    Well in this instance there are flowing electrons where there shouldn't be - Also seems like a unique situation as it did not present it self until the work had been performed. I may be wrong but don't think you are going to find an answer online. I suggest you retrace your steps and then begin electronic trouble shooting. ET does offer the "Wiggle Test" Function that may be of use to you right now - Obviously you are going to have to isolate the starter for KOEO. You may also pull up some parameters within ET - Check to see if there are any abnormalities.

  6. #6Tyler d4c2021-11-18 13:10

    The ecm is full of water or there's a harness problem id bet

  7. #7ChuckRock2021-11-19 10:07

    Is water intrusion a common concern with this application?

  8. #8Nige2021-11-19 10:53

    The ECMs are located under the floor up against the front of the chassis "tub" which is not 100% watertight. These machines often get taken swimming which leads to water entry and when it drains it leaves a mud buildup under the floor. It's not hard to come to a conclusion based on that information.