I have acquired a caterpillar 267 skid steer with electrical problems. I have got the machine to run, but the drive a bucket functions don't work. It has alot of "custom" wiring. Anyone have access to a schematic or know where I can find one for a reasonable price? I've found schematics for a 267A but not a 267 and I don't think they are the same.
Any help from us will require a serial number, as that's just how caterpillar information works.
Serial number is: CAT00267ECMP0076
You're missing a digit after the "CMP". Their should be 5 digits after the prefix, you only have 4. The CMP is a 1st generation 267, quite an old machine now. However I think the attached should work for you.
I'll try again. Thank you Nige!
And before you ask - "CMP1-Up" on the cover page of the schematic means machine Serial Number CMP00001-Up, or from the first machine built in other words.
Unless you sure it's electronic problems I'd roll out the possibility of the pump coupling being out
I can't thank you enough sir.
I'm not ruling anything out at this point, but due to all the "custom" wiring, that's where I'm going to start.
I would agree with that. Not sure if this is the same as some other models, but if the engine/pump coupling fails the hydraulically-driven fan will not turn. That could be a clue.
That's a good idea Nige! It didn't occur to me. This is penance for specializing in awps for 14 years. These dirt machines really kick my butt. My obsolete Bobcat experience is useless now. Thanks again fellas! Wish I could return the favor.
Yep fan turning on those the couplings is good forgot to mention that bit
A comment regarding using/interpreting the electrical schematic on Page 8. Take a good look at the tables I've marked in the three RED boxes. They contain a load of good information that will help you. One of those tables lists all the wiring harnesses on the machine by Part Number. If you want to know which harness is which, look at any connector on the schematic. In the example below (CONN 16) you have Harness W, connector 2 (W-C2) mating up to harness A, connector 14 (A-C14). The Part Numbers (3E3388 & 1552264) listed below the connector references are the mating male/female halves of the Deutsch connector at that location.