I bought a Cat 267B MTL about a month ago from a farm equipment dealer. I received no manuals or other documentation. The other night I went to unhook the bucket to put the bale spear on and the quick attach wouldn't release. The hydraulics function for the lock, but not the unlock. I suspect that it is a faulty rocker switch. It worked fine up to that point. Is there a good place to connect a jumper to bypass the switch so I can check the solenoid? I had thought about opening up the panel and doing this on the back of the switch, but I can not figure out how it is attached to the top of the cab. Is there any other components that are known to rear there ugly head?
Welcome to HEF. Post a Serial Number and an electrical schematic is yours....... With the Serial Number I can give you a link that enables you to download pdf copies of the Operation & Maintenance Manual and also a Parts Manual. From memory I think the O&M is around $60 and the Parts Manual around $90. Are you referring to switch #4 on the illustration below..? IIRC those switches simply pry out of the panel, although I'm not 100% sure about that.
I see in your post that you said the hydraulics function for the lock. The cylinder moves but the locks do not release? Confused!
Nige, S/N ACYC00217. Yes, it is switch #4. Welder, When the rocker switch is moved to the locked position, you can hear the hydraulics cycle and see the flexible section of the line set twitch. When the rocker is moved to the unlock position there is no visible or audible indication that the hydraulics are attempting to actuate. It was working fine multiple times prior to this instance.
Ok, here's your electrical schematic .... Those switches I'm certain simply prise out of the panel using a large flat blade to get into the gap between the switch bezel and the front of the panel. The wider the blade the less chance of cracking the switch bezel. For manuals here's a link. https://catpublications.com When the page opens, click on "Continue as a Guest" in the popup window. For an O&M Manual type SEBU7732 in the box and hit Search. $46 for a pdf download, For a Parts Manual type SEBP3930 in the box and hit Search. $89 for a pdf download.