Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 272D XHP Aux Hydraulic Hose Replacement

Jrod25 · 2026-09-28 14:08

I am in the process of replacing my two aux hoses and I am having a pretty tuff time with it. I looked in SIS and I cannot find an exact procedure on this, specifically where I am struggling with getting the two big hoses pushed over into position onto the grommet while also having the two metal brackets over that to bolt it all in. So I am not sure if I an not allowing enough radius in my bend, but I am routing roughly the same radius/position as in the picture (picture with the bracket with red box around it), its just "extremely hard" to push the two hoses away for the back of the skid steer to where then need to be for the bracket. The other pic is just an sample I found on the internet. Currently I am trying this with the arms lowered, which to seems like while in the lowered position, the hoses are in the tightest/stiffed they will ever be in, versus when the arms are fully raised, is that a correct statement? I just know I need to make sure they are installed correctly so it does not stress and stretch the hoses to fail prematurely,,,, any advice? Should I mark the position of the hoses with arms lowered for where they line up with the bracket, then raise the arms and bolt it in while not allowing the hoses to lower any more than where they were when the arms were lowered, sorry guys,, what seems like such a simple task......

Replies1
  1. #1Nige2026-09-28 14:44

    Personally I’d prefer to replace those hoses with the arms raised and the safety prop installed.