Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 277

Ecrig ยท 2017-10-18 18:42

recently purchased this machine. It has 1560 hours on it. I've put about 100 of them on there with no issue. I used the machine for half a day with no issue running it at WOT. then I noticed it was starting to break up and would blow white smoke when it did. It was very rich smelling. If I let off the throttle a little it would smooth out and run fine. By the end of the day it had gotten worse with more smoke and running rough from 3/4-WOT so far I've installed 4 injectors, new lift pump, fuel filter, and eliminated the fuel tank and fuel filter housing by running the machine off a 1 gallon tank going straight to injector pump. Any ideas or suggestions ? Thanks in advance

Replies2
  1. #192U 34062017-10-19 09:34

    What series? (B, C, D) If you've got the little sight glass on the top corner of the rad, is it full or empty? Typically when these machines blow a head gasket that sight glass will be empty.

  2. #2Ecrig2017-10-19 11:19

    B series, I do not have the sight glass on mine. I did check radiator fluid level and it is full. Oil isn't milky and the oil level hasn't changed