Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 277 hydraulic help

Asa Joel Spicer ยท 2021-09-20 22:59

Hey guys... just picked up a 277 last week. Put a couple hours on it and noticed it isnt a fan of lifting a hefty dirt load very high. Actually it barely gets off the ground enough to move. The tilt also seems a little lazy. Everything else works great. Nice and fast.... the controls are a little loose and definitely leaking a little (pictures attached) but not sure if that would do anything. Also, rpms dont matter. Fully throttled she still isnt happy to lift

Replies5
  1. #1Nige2021-09-21 06:31

    There are seal kits available for those pilot valves. the kit Part Number would depend on the machine S/No which I don't see in your OP.

  2. #2Tyler d4c2021-09-21 06:53

    You can get just the popet seals ill get you the number later.

  3. #3Midnightmoon2021-09-21 07:15

    I would take pressure readings. I guess the small leak might be causing pillot issues and not opening valves all the way but I'm thinking you might need a pump. Pressure tests will confirm

  4. #4Asa Joel Spicer2021-09-21 11:38

    Does this pump only run the bucket and lift arm?

  5. #5Midnightmoon2021-09-21 12:16

    Nige would know but generally there is a one pump for aux and bucket one for pilot and 2 for drives.