Hello, I have a problem with a Cat 277B skid steer, about a 2006 model year but not sure on that. I used the skid steer to lift up the tongue of a boat trailer of a 16 foot aluminum boat full of water. I tilted the bucket in the downward position and used a chain to attach to the boat trailer. I left the bucket in the raised position to tilt the boat trailer to drain out the water, and walked away. When I came back, the hydraulics had bled off and the cutting edge of the bucket resting on the ground with the bucket vertical. In this position, I can only open the door about 6 inches. By putting heavy objects in the seat, I am able to trick the weight sensor in the seat and reach over and start the machine and take off the parking brake. Using a stick, I am able to move the forward/back joystick and determined the tracks will move back and forth. My issue is the hydraulics for the bucket raising and lowering will not function. Is there some sort of relief valve I tripped when the hydraulics bled off? Any insight is very much appreciated. Thanks
Don’t need a year. Post a Serial Number for accurate information. I'm assuming the last 8 of the PIN are MDHxxxxx.? There are two safety devices for the implement hydraulic system. One is the seat switch, the other is a switch on the door which detects when it is open/closed. I guess that you are doing all your manoeuvring with the door open.? The switch has 3 wires, one of which (Black) is connected to ground. The ECM looks for either ground or open circuit on the other two wires (WH & YL) to detect whether the door is open or closed.
Thanks for the response Nige. I found out I need a dummy connector to put into the one on the door, now I remember taking the dummy out when I helped put the door back on this winter. I just need to find that dummy connector.
It's supposed to be kept zip-tied to the machine harness right by the connector for the door switch/wipers so that everyone knows where it is. The good thing is that at least you have one.........
maybe you could at least open the side window then close the door and maneuver the joysticks with a broom handle(or something) through the window that is open NOTE take care when doing this