Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 277b right side track inop

onegvtec ยท 2015-10-20 12:20

Hello and thanks for any help in advance. We have a 277b here that will only move the right track 1 or 2 inches in either direction. When the drive motors go do they still give this minimal amount of movement or should I look elsewhere? I am about to pull the track after lunch and see if it's an idler locked up, but someone told me that the drive motor would spin the track on a stuck idler. I know for a fact that stuck bogeys wont stop the track but never had the idler go. I also was wondering if a stuck brake would cause it and how to check.

Replies1
  1. #1Nige2015-10-20 12:37

    I think I'd whip the track off first and check to see if the drive sprocket will rotate freely.