Trying to diagnose a Marine Corps skid loader. Driving controls work, bucket controls (right stick) do not, and tool controls (auxiliary controls) seem to work. The driver warning light is flashing, there is no alarm/buzzer. The battalion has a CAT computer but it's out of date so we can't read the code. I read somewhere that it's possibly the hydraulic speed sensor but I can't find it on the loader and can't find a schematic. Any ideas?
It might help if you mentioned a Serial Number...... if it's military I'd guess KCCxxxxx which is the equivalent of a "civilian" JWF-prefix machine. Does the panel look like this.?
This is what the panel looks like (not from our machine though). I'm not sure where the Cat serial number would be... the military uses their own 'serial number' system.
Is that one of the TACARM Armored ones?
Funny story. I rented a spread of Cat equipment to the USMC when they were building a road on Annette Island, mid 90’s. Training exercise and the Village of Metlakatla was getting a “free” road out of the deal. The Marines, bless their hearts, destroyed the cab interiors. Broke the switches, joysticks, hydraulic safety levers, bent the handles on the excavator foot controls and everything that had a button or moved. Seat adjustment levers, front windshields. They were very aggressive with anything they touched. That’s fine. I made a lot of O/T fixing the stuff they tore up. Great guys.
Try looking on the RH side of the machine at the rear upper part of the frame close to the pivot for the lift arms.
Sorry, that RH location was for older models. Try looking in the area around the arrow "1" on the LH side. You're looking for the Product Identification Number on line C. It should begin with "CAT0277C" followed by 4 characters (the last three of which might well be "KCC") then 5 more digits at the end. See the example below.