I have a cat track skid steer 279c, We use it with a Muclhing head attachement. I came a cross a problem and am seeking some help. We damage the electrical jumper on the mulching head during transport. (This is an electrical jumper that activates the machines high flow function for the mulching head, it plugs into the attachement connection port). We found out though that the machine will run high flow even without the jumper in. This was fine for the day, but this also means that it is running my non highflow attachements in highflow as well. I.e. the rockhoud is using highflow function as well. My assumption is that the highflow sensor is jumped somewhere else....Where can i start to look, is the a secondary switch in the engine compartment? is it something that i have to have diagnossed through the computer? any help would be appricated? Thanks Jason
The C-Series machines activate the hi-flow by the use of the dummy plug or the tool plug having a jumper wire between the F and G terminals. There is no other factory switch that activates hi-flow. You say the tool plug was damaged - did any part of the plug remain in the machine, or did the machine side plug get damaged or wires pinched ?
Just the plug was damaged, the machine end was not being hauled at the same time, I checked the machine end and can verify that there was no damage to the receptacle, the wires leaving the receptacle all the way back to the wiring harness in the engine compartment. Past this I don't know what to think, I want to say its a computer issue at this point but i'm not sure, and I'm not yet ready to drag it to the dealer to diagnose the problem.... Jason
Doesn't make sense. Have you put your mulcher back on and run it without plugging in the electrical cable to see if it really is in HF mode ? Is the HF light always on ?
Yes, It runs currently in high flow without the plug in. It's definitely in high flow because of the ability as always to mulch tree's..... On another thought, we haven't used this machine for much else besides the mulching head, and a rock hound, as far as attachments. When i think back long enough I think that it has always been running in high flow. Therefore i can't help but think, somewhere in the computer the default is set to "on" for high flow.... Making the jumper worthless because its set to on anyhow...
Sorry, can't help you with that thought. Maybe one of the dealer techs can help.
i figured I was going to have to resort to that but i was hoping someone else might have had a similar issue.... Thanks Jason
High Flow You can check the high flow solenoid on the machine under the cab on the manifold. Test for 12v power at the solenoid with out the jumper you should not have power to the high flow solenoid. I think these machine run standard flow and when the high flow kicks on it just upstrokes the hystat pump. Would be just like a bad solenoid you would not have high flow with a bad solenoid.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk