Hi, I just bought this machine and it’s a good runner. I attached an auger and have no pressure and no operation with roller switch for aux 1 lines. I’m assuming that roller switch activates a solenoid to pressurize lines to spin the auger. No load noise when switch is rolled and with cracked lines at fitting no leaks or pressure. Fuses look ok and fluid is just below the half mark with machine fully collapsed. I’ll pull the joystick apart tomorrow and clean the roller and check connections. Couple other things, I get an intermittent exclamation point when curing bucket l, no issue with operation. What is the red t handle behind the seat for? Buddy pulled it and it lowered the seat, air ride? Thanks
What happens when you press either one of the two buttons on the RH joystick to the right of the thumbwheel.? You might have a problem there. IIRC the C model uses a PWM sensor for the thumbwheel position. Post a Serial Number and I can check.,
Hey, all I have is the roller and trigger on the right stick. CAT0279CAMBT01948 Thank you
All fuses were cleaned, replaced and added dielectric grease. Am I missing some blocks on the top bank?
Do Aux lines stay pressurized at all times while operating; Or, do they pressurize when you roll the thumb wheel through a solenoid? Lines aren’t pressurized at all while operating or while rolling the switch. Bad wheel switch or solenoid issue? Aux Lines in/out. Everything look ok on the wiring side? Thanks
OK, so you don't have the High Flow option. As I suspected the thumbwheel is a PWM sensor that sends a square wave signal to the ECM. Do you have a multimeter capable of measuring duty cycle.? Also can you post a photo of your RH instrument panel. there might just be a way of getting into the machine diagnostics but it depends what type of panel your machine has.
Thanks
OK, so you have the "early" style of RH gauge/indicator panel and unfortunately there is no way of accessing diagnostics using that type of panel. At this point as I see it you have 2 options. Option 1 is to get hold of someone with ET and hook up to the machine to read the Diagnostic Codes. This is not necessarily a dealer job if you can find a local independent mechanic who has ET. Option 2 is much more limited but if you have a digital multimeter capable of measuring duty cycle then you can measure the PWM output of the thumbwheel in order to determine if the sensor is working.
Thanks, I have a multimeter. You have any idea which wire out of the wheel and what setting to have the meter on, I’m not to sure.
Does your meter have a frequency (Hz) button on it.?
Yes I believe so, I’ll confirm but is should. If so just pop through the insulation and see if I get a reading?
If you have a frequency button press it once and the “Hz” symbol should appear on the LCD screen. If it has duty cycle capability then when you press the Hz button a 2nd time the “Hz” symbol should change to “%”. If that doesn’t happen then your meter is not capable of measuring the output from the thumbwheel roller position sensor. You shouldn’t pop through the wire insulation to make measurements. It needs a set of spoons on the meter leads so that the measurements can be made by back probing the wiring harness connector for the sensor.
Here’s all I have, any option at all?
There is no frequency function on that meter that I can see. Below a photo of a Fluke 87 meter like the one I have showing the frequency/duty cycle button. Here is a link to a set of backprobe spoons that allow testing by sliding into the back side of an electrical connector.
Nice! I’m trying to find a meter now. Do you know which wires I should be focused on?
There are two connectors under the joystick. One with 6 pins and the other with 12 pins. You need to be looking at Pins 1, 2, & 3 of the 12-pin connector. The associated wires are P769 Yellow, P770 White, and P996 Green. Between Pins 1 & 2 is the power which chould be 8v with the ignition key switch in the ON position. The PWM output is measured between Pins 2 & 3. With the thumbwheel in the centre the output should be 50%, rolled fully one way somewhere between 0-5%, and rolled fully the other way between 95-100%.
You’re awesome. These I assume?
How do I measure between?
Well Sir
Hahaha!
I would say that's farked .......... The big $$ problem now as far as you're concerned is that the roller switch is not sold separately. The only way to get a replacement is to replace the complete joystick handle assembly.