Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 279D Snowblower Deflector Issue

Cat Newby · 2021-12-21 21:12

I own a Cat 279D with an Erskine snowblower. The blower works great, but the snow deflector doesn’t work on the chute when I switch the aux 7 switch down. If I move the plugs on the blower it works fine, but I then lose the chute rotation control and only have the deflector. I checked the circuit breaker and it is fine. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Replies10
  1. #1Chrisso2021-12-22 05:44

    Do you have two speed? If so the AUX 7 circuit is controlled by the left joystick trigger when AUX 7 on the switch is selected. If you don't have two speed the AUX 7 button alone should power up the A pin. In either case if you're not getting power on the A pin you're going to need a schematic to t/shoot. If you need one post a s/n and I'm sure someone here will share it.

  2. #2Cat Newby2021-12-22 10:53

    I do have a two speed machine.

  3. #3PetersPatioLandscape2021-12-23 13:03

    Did you flip the rocker switch to engage the aux? You also have to hold another button down on the joystick to engage the chute.

  4. #4Cat Newby2021-12-23 13:18

    I did switch the aux 7 switch down. Not sure witch button you hold down though.

  5. #5PetersPatioLandscape2021-12-23 13:28

    ill go sit in mine quick and let you know.

  6. #6Nige2021-12-23 13:30

    The triggger on the LH joystick. The illustration below is from the Operator Manual, as is the one Chrisso posted above.Sounds like you could do with acquiring one ........ This is a genuine factory manual on CD for $70 https://www.ebay.com/itm/313726772833

  7. #7PetersPatioLandscape2021-12-23 13:42

    Hold the left trigger down and the right 2 buttons will run the deflector.

  8. #8Cat Newby2021-12-23 13:53

    Thank you! I will try it.

  9. #9Cat Newby2021-12-23 13:58

    That did it thanks!

  10. #10PetersPatioLandscape2021-12-23 14:00

    I had the same issue when I got mine.