Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 287B not receiving fuel to fuel pump

Mathew Herman ยท 2025-01-12 12:07

The machine will start and run, when the RMPs are raised the machine will lose power and barely run. I hotwired it directly from the battery to the electric fuel pump and it works good. It seems that there is a problem with a ground, a break in a wire, or a blown fuse/relay. Has anyone had this problem not receiving fuel to the pump when the key is on? Does the electric fuel pump have its own independent fuse or relay? I've only seen a fuse for the fuel shutoff.

Replies1
  1. #1Nige2025-01-12 12:18

    Start by posting a Serial Number please. Is there an obstruction somewhere in the fuel lines.? For a kickoff have you tried draining the water and sediment from the fuel tank.? I take it that you gave a manual for it.? If not you need to get hold of one ASAP.