Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 287c 2474-3 and 2476-3 codes with park brake locked

Jobiss · 2022-11-15 21:53

Hi! Need some help please! I have a 2008 Cat 287c MAS01517. I can't get the park brake off and the exclamation mark is flashing. Active codes are 2474-3 and 2476-3. Hydraulics for the bucket works well. Is there a way to disable the park brake manually or so? Can I get the troubleshooting procedures for these codes? Sorry for my poor English, I'm French Canadian, and thanks in advance!

Replies9
  1. #1Nige2022-11-16 05:24

    Unfortunately no. Certainly. See attached. Both of them relate to the position sensors (Front/Rear & Left/Right) located in the LH joystick control. The fact that both sensors have faulted simultaneously in the same way (voltage above normal) could indicate a wiring problem as they share a common power supply and a common ground. If you would like a complete electrical schematic appropriate for your machine Serial Number please ask.

  2. #2Jobiss2022-11-16 19:25

    Big Big thanks for the quick answer and the procedures, it’s really appreciated! And yes I would like the electrical schematic please. Thanks again!

  3. #3Nige2022-11-17 04:13

    No problem. I'll send you the schematic. Check your messages.

  4. #4Jobiss2022-11-17 07:16

    Thanks! I’ll check it

  5. #5Jobiss2022-12-04 21:25

    Finally it was the joystick. Since I wasn't 100% sure of my first steps in the procedures, on the advise of a Cat employe, I switched my joysticks and the codes switched for the other side (2475-3 and 2477-3). I think it's a good way to test the joystick. Also, when I put the new joystick in (a Reman, saved me 250$ over a new one), I didn't needed to calibrate it. It just worked all good right away! Thanks again and I hope I'll don't need your help again too soon!

  6. #6Nige2022-12-05 06:06

    What were the original and Reman Part Numbers please.? In case anyone else in the same situation as yourself asks........

  7. #7Jobiss2022-12-05 08:16

    Reman: 20R-8911. New: 456-0169 Note that I'm in Quebec and have 15% taxes For the Reman, you have to give your old one in exchange, and it must be in good shape. If not it will cost you about the same price as a new one

  8. #8Macario Zamarripa2022-12-14 15:34

    Hi I have a 289c caterpillar Skidsteer I have been working on this thing for a while I can't even get it off my trailer I had a new final drive installed and is not working I've taken it for a couple of mechanics and get it to work for a bit then it stops the other side is working just fine any help would be greatly appreciated just keep in mind I really don't have much mechanical experience please be patient with me thank you in advance

  9. #9Nige2022-12-14 15:50

    I would suggest that you create a new thread. Here's a link to tell you how to do that - HeavyEquipmentForums In your thread give some background to the problem and any Diagnostic codes that are present The attached file tells you how to do that using the Monitor Panel in the machine. No special tools required. Most important give a machine Serial Number.