Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 289c driver alert

GomerPyle ยท 2025-11-15 13:30

Fairly new to me 289c. I've been working on maintenance and after changing the hydraulic filter, the driver alert flashes and beeps when driving. It only comes up when driving and completely goes away when stopped. Fluid level is good, what am I missing? I did use a Baldwin filter, it matches all specs.

Replies8
  1. #1Nige2025-11-15 13:35

    Can you post a Serial Number to help in looking up information. Also please can you post a photo of the instrument panel in the upper corner of the cab where the fuel gauge lives.

  2. #2GomerPyle2025-11-15 14:48
  3. #3GomerPyle2025-11-15 14:48
  4. #4Nige2025-11-15 15:19

    That is unfortunate. You have the only type out of the three available panel options that does not permit Diagnostic Codes to be read via the panel. It will require someone with Cat ET or a code reader of some sort to find out what's causing the Driver Alert to flash.

  5. #5GomerPyle2025-11-15 15:20

    Just my luck.

  6. #6Nige2025-11-15 15:39

    Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings. I had my fingers crossed you had one of the other two panel options installed.

  7. #7GomerPyle2025-11-28 18:37

    Just an update for anyone else that might have a similar problem. It has a ball valve installed in one of the heater hoses for the A/C to work better. I had opened it with the changing of temps. Apparently, that dropped coolant level enough to set off the alarm. My sight glass is discolored and I could not tell a difference.

  8. #8GomerPyle2025-12-04 16:41

    And, I made that post too soon. Looking like a speed sensor but waiting someone with a computer