I have a new to me Cat 289C skid steer that I just purchased. The floor governor pedal is rusted away at the bolt locations that hold it to the floor panel. I am needing a new or OEM or used that is in better shape than the one I have, lol. Anyone have any place to get these instead of from CAT directly. They are saying it is $845.00 for a pedal and sensor. Thanks appreciate any input. It is allowing it to move around on the floor when throttled up since the bolts are pretty much useless due to the housing around the pedal assembly being rusted away.
The only thing to suggest is look for used parts from machines being broken. To do that you ould need the Part Number of the assembly. To find that needs a machine Serial Number if you can supply one.
Hi Nige, thanks for the reply. Sure I can do that. Serial Number is CAT0289CKJMP02528. Well actaully just JMP02528. Not even sure the year as the older gentleman didn't remember the part number is 325-8383.
It may be the case that used parts are in a similar condition to your existing pedal assembly. Is there any possibility that the existing one could be repaired by welding because there are no service sheet metal parts for that assembly.? I'm sorry I can't suggest anything else.
I looked at that initially, just not a lot of metall to attach to unfortunately. I dont think they ever checked that pedal very much
It's an unfortunate fact of life that these machines don't get kept as clean as they could be inside the cabin which leads to what you have found on the pedal assembly. it might pay you to get the floor up and have a good clean underneath. Lord knows what sort of state it might be in and there are some quite expensive components down there.
Yep, that is what I am currently doing now. That is how I found it
First post: I joined this forum to reply. I have a 262C (also new to me) with the same problem. The pedal is the same on all C machines. The expense seems to be because of the sensor (B series pedals are around $175), and you can’t purchase just the mounting plate. My machine is in excellent shape otherwise and is very clean everywhere else, even in the belly pan. My theory is that water / mud from boots sits around the pedal and ends up rusting then pedal bracket and the floor plate itself near the pedal. I think there is enough of my pedal plate to sandwich it to the floor plate. My plan is to slot a square piece of 1/8 steel plate (~2 inch slot for the round part of pedal), make it about 8-10 inches square and drill it for the same mount pattern as the pedal plate using a template I’ve already made out of cardboard. I have to get some 1/8 plate (have 1/4 but that seems like overkill); may take me a few week to get to it but I think it’s worth a try before spending the bucks for a new pedal assembly. I’d recommend painting the floor plate with something like POR15 before putting it all back together. Note that from some other posts on this forum If you change the whole pedal assembly you may need someone with the cat ET software to recalibrate. Good luck please post back if you think of something different.
Hi Josh, so just digging back into this. Worked on it in the garage a little this weekend. I have fabricated two halves of what is an extended plate. Since existing pedal has a rounded base where the rubber plungers sits I split it to overlap the seams by about an inch and drilled my holes through in the same bolt pattern as the original plate. There is a small gap to the back where the "hinge" of the foot petal sits where I ran the 1/8" material through there. I overlapped that past each bolt hole in the back. That way it locked it down and kept it from twisting or pivoting. And boom, that worked. It is running as expected. Hope this helps you. You are on the right track.
I ended up doing something similar except I used 1 piece of plate with a hole for the pedal and a slot at the back for the hinge. I also took the opportunity to paint the floor plate and what was left of the original pedal mount. It works great and the pedal is fuly functional again; sure beats paying CAT $800+.