Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 289c Joystick Handle Part #

ReligiouslyCAT ยท 2014-09-29 01:47

Hello Folks, The previous owner of the Cat 289c looks like got some type of fluid on the joysticks which made the plastic mushy and sticky (possibly diesel or paint thinner), it's now impossible to come out of the machine without having black hands. Not to mention the stuff takes quite awhile to take off. My Machine has No Highflow or 8 pin E/Aux Control, so it just needs the basic joysticks. (The Joysticks only not the full assembly) I found the full assembly which costs around 800$ per side, however I just need the part you grip on. Can someone give me the part numbers for both of the sides? Thanks

Replies5
  1. #1Nige2014-09-29 08:21

    There area million & one different alternatives. Need a Serial Number in order to get the correct ones for your machine.

  2. #2ReligiouslyCAT2014-09-29 18:33

    Hello Sir, Sorry, my bad, this is the serial number JMP00253 Thanks

  3. #3Nige2014-09-29 19:37

    OK, now we're getting somewhere. LH Joystick is Part Number 269-0259, RH is 273-9103. They might not be $800 like your price for the complete assembly but you're still talking $350-ish each .......... Wouldn't a pair of gloves be cheaper than $700+ ...?

  4. #4ReligiouslyCAT2014-09-29 20:13

    Yes I guess, for now, I think I will just put some black grip tape on it. Thanks for your reply Sir.

  5. #5durallymax2014-10-05 21:40

    are you sure the handles are falling apart and not just coated in a heavy layer of grime? The latter is very common, back in my high school years I had to clean a lot of equipment at the dealer I worked at and you would not believe how thick that stuff will buildup. Some good degreaser and a good rag with a mild brush will get it out.