I have a 289D that will loose drive/steer power.( Just move very slowly and won't turn) It will do it, then go away for a few minutes, then do it again. Any ideas on what could be causing it?
We've had a couple do that. I want to say its a speed sensor failure/sensor issue but its been a while since we had one do it. I'm not 100% sure on that answer but its something to check out at least.
It's 2 wires grounding out on hydraulic valve under cab Just fixed mine
Where under cab are 2 wires located?
Where are the two wires located or is it a different sensor
Are you working on a 289D the same as the OP was.? If so please post a Serial Number. It makes finding info far easier seeing as there are 11 different models of 289D. Also post a photo of the panel located in the upper RH corner of the cab. There is a chance you could be able to access Diagnosti Codes which would be a great help.