Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 289D3 BLOWING BOOM LEVEL FUSE, AFTER CHANGES NOW HAVE 2476-3 2477-3 2474-3 2475-3 458-3 41-4

joedirtyshirt ยท 2025-09-22 13:48

THIS IS KINDA TURNING INTO SNOWBALL/AVALANCH ,so after blowing fuse for boom sensor, it would blow after a bounce or two, swapped out sensor on boom with a know good one and fuse blew the same way, checked boom harness found suspect damage to cover so installed new harness, now have these codes 2476-3 2477-3 2474-3 2475-3 458-3 41-4 and park brake won't go off. any ideas, or what am I over looking with either issue, triple checked connectors that were plugged in correctly

Replies4
  1. #1joedirtyshirt2025-09-22 14:24

    In mean while I overlaid old harness back in and problem is still present and looking not seeing anything that I may have knocked loose , still pulling what is left of my hair out

  2. #2Nige2025-09-22 14:43

    Would you like to start with a machine Serial Number.? I see multiple models of 289D3. A S/N makes it far easier to look up information. Out of that list the 41-4 is a very likely candidate because it relates to the 8v stabilised power supply to all the sensors. The -3 Codes for 2474/75/76/77 all relate to joystick position sensors. 458-3 is the tilt cylinder rod end pressure ensor.

  3. #3joedirtyshirt2025-09-22 14:58

    JX909658 I think I deleted original code from the blowing fuse but its not there now

  4. #4Nige2025-09-22 16:24

    Check your messages for an electrical schematic. Attached the troubleshooting for the four joystick Codes.