Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 299D serial number configuration lookup

mr hatt ยท 2022-08-02 16:35

I have a 299d that I'm trying to loop the configuration on. Full serial is CAT0299DCHCL00252 I have Cat sis, but when I enter it the system just confuses the heck out of me. I guess I need to watch someone navigate through it, but SIS does not seem super intuitive. I believe this is an XPS machine with high flow, but the specs I see in other places tell me this is a 32 gpm in high flow. So I guess that the XHP model must use a different pump. The previous owner had this machine tuned to 110hp. Just trying to figure out if I can run a high flow disc mulcher. Thank you

Replies7
  1. #1mr hatt2022-08-02 16:39

    ALSO, is there a way to lookup service history on this machine? TY

  2. #2Nige2022-08-02 17:20

    Only the dealer who sold or serviced the machine (could be the same dealer) would have the service history. Product Program information would be available to any dealer via a different factory system but that information would not necessarily be made available to an owner.

  3. #3Nige2022-08-02 17:34

    According to the as built configuration this machine left the factory as a 299D High Flow XPS machine with a 32gpm flow. https://s7d2.scene7.com/is/content/Caterpillar/C10000152 The XHP version of the 299D is the Series 2 machine (badged as a 299D2) and that does have a 40gpm flow. https://s7d2.scene7.com/is/content/Caterpillar/C10436820

  4. #4mr hatt2022-08-02 17:34

    Thanks Nige; I use cat sis so seldom and I have so much trouble navigating it when i do. I just don't get the layout. The info seems way too general for any single machine. Kind of like when you pull up a 299d with a serial number and it goes into a description for the 3.3 engine and def systems. My dealer in Kentucky sucks soooo bad. That's why I bought software and a translator. Cat ET is for the most part is not too different from Cummins Insite. In this case I was just trying to verify the specs on the machine- HP/Flow Rate, etc. I wasn't sure about service history so that's why I thought I'd just see if that was an option and perhaps I was just looking in the wrong place. Thank you for the heads up though. I know I'm asking NOOB questions

  5. #5Nige2022-08-02 17:55

    This is what comes up when I put your S/N in SIS. All the Group Numbers in the LH column are hyperlinks

  6. #6mr hatt2022-08-02 18:06

    Nige; Thank you for taking the time to look that up. I can't access the hyperlinks, but I get the same types of links through sis. I just couldn't navigate it that well. When you really don't like your dealer it's amazing the lengths you go to so that you can avoid them.

  7. #7Nige2022-08-03 10:57

    I posted them up as an image so you won't be able to. I posted the image more in an attempt to show you what I see for your Serial Number so that you could compare that with what's showing on your screen, not for you to go accessing the links - you'll have to do that from your own SIS.