Vin- NLC00317 I have codes- 2474-3 2476-3 Issue I’m having. I can be moving straight and go to steer right and it immediately sets the parking break and won’t let me reset the parking break with the switch. I can turn the machine off and back on and I’m good to go. Hit the switch and start moving again.. that is until I try to turn right. Then.. bam..parking break is set. I went through the display on the right. Went to menu(I think 6) number 2… when I move the joystick to the left it only shows going to 50% and return to 0% when I let go of the joystick, but when I go to number 3 and move the joystick to the right it jumps to 100% but when I let off the joystick it doesn’t return to 0% it stays at 100%. Do I have a bad joystick?
Indeterminate until you have done a few tests. It's also important to note at this point that the joystick base (containing the position sensors) and the handle are available as separate Part Numbers. 2474 & 2476 are respectively for the Fwd/Rev and Left/Right position sensors in the LH joystick base. The fact that they have both gone AWOL at the same time could possibly indicate an issue with the common power/ground for both the sensors. To help you naviagte the RH display it might help if you post a photo of the panel that you are using to look at the joystick signals. Meantime here are the test procedures for both Diagnostic Codes. If you would like a complete electrical schematic for the whole machine please ask.
Here is a picture of the display. Do you have a blown up photo of the wires that are on the ecm that I need to check ohm on?
I’m on step 3. I feel like I’m doing something wrong. When I go to test resistance from j2-34 to the other ones I’m not getting anything. On any of them. I’m suppose to be checking j2-34 to.. j1-13…j1-23…j2-33 right? If so I’m not getting anything on any of them. I did pull the jumper wire out of the plug inside the cab and then plugged it back in before and after I tried testing the ecm. Not sure if I missed something.
Check your message inbox. I've sent you a complete electrical schematic. Here are the instructions for getting from Operator Mode into Service Mode using that panel. NOTE: when you first enter Service Mode you are immediately in Mode 1. You don't have to scroll to enter it.
Do you mean your meter is registering "OL" (open loop) which indicates open circuit/infinite resistance.? if your meter showed very low resistance that would insidcate there was a short circuit between J2-34 and whichever other wire you are connected to.
Yes it reads OL for all wires tested in step 3
That's exactly what you are looking for. Call it a pass for that Step. On to the next one......
okay cool. thank you. how would i go about checking the hz? can that be done with a multimeter?
in Step 4D for those position sensors you need to be checking duty cycle (not HZ which is a totally different parameter). This can be done with a multimeter provided that it is equipped to measure duty cycle. If the meter is so equipped usually what you do is press the Hz button twice. After the second press the Hz symbol in the display window of the meter will change to %. That is the indication that the meter is in duty cycle mode. This link may help explain what the signal from the position sensors looks like. https://docs.arduino.cc/learn/microcontrollers/analog-output/
okay. my multimeter doesn't have percentages or hz for that matter. ill have to go see if i can borrow somebody's.
You should be able to read duty cycle on those sensors using Service Mode 6, submodes 2 & 3. Check out Page 6 of the instructions I uploaded back in Post #5 above.
okay. submodel 2(which is the forward and reverse) -when i pull back it stays at 0% -when i push forward it goes to 2.1% submodel 3 -move the joystick to the left it stays at 0% -move to the right and it goes to 100%(when i let go of the joystick it stays at 100&)
It seems that both sensors in the LH joystick base have gone AWOL The duty cycle for both submodes should be around 50% with the joystick in the centre (neutral) position, somewhere around 10% with it moved fully in one direction (Fwd or Left) and somewhere around 90% with it moved fully in the other direction (Rev or Rgiht). Try Service Mode 6, submodes 4 & 5 for the RH joystick sensors and compare your results.
The right hand side for both 4&5 go to 100% and back to 0%
So that confirms the sensors in the LH base are both foobarbed, UNLESS of course there is a wiring issue to the LH power/ground (common for both sensors) side that you failed to find while doing the troubleshooting.
10/4 i appreciate it! iv done all the test 3 times now just to make sure.