I have a 2013 Cat 299d xhp serial # NLC00608 with 1200 hrs I was brushcutting the other day and everything was running normal until I started up a decent slope and lost all hydraulic functions. The driver indicator light came on, I had a gentleman come read the codes and it is saying drive sensor 1&2 are out on Left and right side... I have checked all safety sensors, fluid levels, disconnected negative from battery and still nothing. The machine fires right up but I do not have any controls on drive or boom. I hope maybe someone can point me in the right direction! Thank you and God bless
No drive FWD/REV and no hydraulics (lift/tilt) also.? If that’s the case look at the radiator fan when you start the engine. It should immediately start turning. Does it.?
No fan spin not coupling spines we need a flow chart for these and the d5g/c hystat dozers
The 2 smaller fans turn but not the big fan for the hydraulics, I was hoping Maybe all 4 sensors being out that they lost there ground. Really hoping it is not the coupler
If the large fan under the radiator/hydraulic cooler is not turning when you run the engine then it’s 99.9% certain that the coupler has failed.
That is what I was afraid of, the machine never did get weak or start making any noises it just stopped. That's kinda why I was hoping it was something electronic but thank you so much for your advice. Is it a pretty big job to change the coupler out and is it something that can be done in the field? It's setting on a slope and trying to figure out the best way to get it off the hill and onto the trailer in case it can not be worked on there
The manual says to snatch the engine and pumps as a unit then split them once out of the machine. The other school of thought is to pull the engine and leave the pumps in place. Basically you pays your money and you makes your choice. A lot is down to what lifting equipment you have available. If you want to move it then it will have to be dragged. There is no way of releasing the brakes without working pumps.
Are you able to put the machine into a free spin by chance in order to move the machine or load it onto a trailer
Without the hydraulic pumps working, I'm afraid not.
Unbolt the sprockets and let them spin on the final don't go far or fast. Or you can gut the finals and refill with oil if you have aways to go. Bear in mind the machine will be 100 percent freewheeling be careful