Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 299D2 electrical parts failure problems & camera

DarrinE ยท 2022-08-28 17:13

I've got a 2019 299D2 forestry and a 2020 299D3 XPS was wondering if everyone else is having problems with all the electrical CAT parts. I know the cameras are junk no longer available so whats everyone using? I've gone through 2 of these. At of course owners expense. I've got 700 hrs on my D2 low hrs ran into hydraulic fan relay,Air restriction & mass air flow sesor,DEF quality sensor and AC thermostat sensor all failure around 700 hrs. This is also my second AC sensor. I feel like the electrical parts are just junk. Prime example is the camera. Is the computer update like the phones of today and set to cause a failure short out parts so customer keeps buying new? What's the incentive to trade in and buy a new one. I have a friend that has a new one and the oil pump failed at 30 hrs destroyed motor. Now the new fire prevention code keeps going off and no fix. Anyone know if the new skid steers electrical parts have been updated or CAT still using same parts they started with when this model came out. Customer gets stuck with the cost.

Replies0

No replies yet.