Hello! I have been unsuccessful in looking for a clean solution to disable the door switch which causes the hydraulics to be disabled when opening the door to my Cat 299D2. My previous Cat 299C was much easier - I was able to purchase a plug, that disabled this function, and off I go… Happy summer! I also am not impressed in how much harder it is to take the door off on my 299D2 versus my old 299C. Definitely not comparable. My D2’s serial number is CAT0299DJFD204403 Does anyone have any ideas, suggestions or recommendations?! Thank you, Andy
Read through this thread for a possible solution: For the Readers Digest version, you can start reading at Post #7. Cat 299d2 door replacement Replacing door glass on my machine. Is it better to remove hinges and install safety escape handles than to try and install levers for safety handles with hinges bolted to machine? I tried the latter and don’t have enough hands to hold everything. HeavyEquipmentForums
I can go one better. Look behind the operator seat on the floor, LH side of the cab. You are looking for CONN 19 in the illustration. Zip-tied to that connector (if it is still there) should be a jumper harness marked C-CH18 in the diagram. Basically you unplug the connector A-C3 in the direction of the door/wipers, etc, and plug in the jumper. This gives a signal to the ECM that the door is "closed" for operations when door removal is required. .
ALL DONE! Went pretty smooth and was straight forward after reading the thread and understanding. Thank you all so much!
Thank you for pointing to the right thread!!