Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 299D2 – LIFT ARM PIN – CAME OUT OF BEARING ON MAIN FRAME

uglyguy ยท 2023-07-14 18:55

Today the lift arm pin came out of the Bearing that attaches to the frame. I assume there is a retaining ring on the inside of the frame. I've looked through the Cat 200D2 documents online and am having a hard time understanding how this is attached to the main body. Pictured below is the Link pin on my machine. The first picture is when the Pin was about 2 out of the hole. the second picture shows the link pin completely out of the bearing.

Replies4
  1. #1uglyguy2023-07-14 18:58

    The files below are what I found when I log into may account on www.parts.cat.com . I'm not sure this is the correct parts or diagram. Can someone provide me a better diagram of this area and how it is connected to the main frame. Thanks!

  2. #2Acoals2023-07-14 19:40

    The pin on that linkage goes into a spherical bearing, with a snap ring retaining it on the inside. Lack of grease and general machine abuse, especially lateral or torsional stress beats up the snap ring, causing it to break, which allows the pin to slide out.

  3. #392U 34062023-07-14 20:05

    Looks like the link that attaches behind the cab? Yep there's a snap ring (probably the one in the picture you posted) that holds it in. If no damage just pop the link back in place and put a new snap ring on the end. Might have to raise the cab for better access.

  4. #4uglyguy2023-07-18 08:26

    Thanks - Inserted pin and lifted cab to access area needed to installed snap ring back in place. Apparently this i a common problem and they stock the rings at the cat dealer.