Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 299d2 scr issue

PrestonB · 2025-11-26 10:40

I have a 2018 299d2 vin-fd201875 The code that I’m having a issue with that pops up about 45 min give or take after running is 4364-1 aftertreatment #1 scr catalyst conversion efficiency low-most severe(3) I don’t have cat eat. But I can read a little bit of live data off of my snap-on computer. When I was looking around on the computer I did notice a couple things. 1st- my aft 1 dpf differential pressure is always showing 0psi. 2nd- aft 1 exhaust temp 2 preliminary fmi shows (it switches back and forth between 3 things) 1-bad intelligent device or component 2- current below normal or open circuit 3-voltage below normal, or shorted to low source If I cut the machine off after the code pops up and let it sit for a few minutes the code will go away. Until it’s ran hard for a little while and then the code will pop back up. I have noticed that the def gauge hasn’t moved in quite some time. So I’m not sure if it’s even spraying into the system. I do hear the def pump running for a few minutes after cutting the machine off. So I’m assuming it’s working. Any help with this situation would be greatly appreciated.

Replies8
  1. #1Nige2025-11-26 10:48

    The attached may be of some assistance.

  2. #2pittsburgh cat man2025-11-26 10:52

    I’m thinking I would try a little of this

  3. #3PrestonB2026-06-18 10:00

    Back working on this machine. Still having the same issue. Throwing one single code and going into limp mode. Anybody have a diagram or picture of where the AFT 1 temperature sensor 2 is located on this machine?

  4. #4Nige2026-06-18 10:08

    Is this any help.?

  5. #5Nige2026-06-18 10:15

    Do you have an electrical schematic.? That would help relate Part Numbers machine to locations.

  6. #6PrestonB2026-06-18 11:29

    Got some new info. On my snapon pro-link ultra I can see some live data. The one I’m watching is labeled AFT 1 temperature sensor 2 and With key on engine off it will show a message of data valid but below normal operational range- most severe. With the machine running at idle the message will switch between- current below normal or open circuit, currant above normal or grounded circuit, mechanical system not adjusting or out of adjustment, and abnormal frequency or pulse width or period if I idle the machine up I get new messages. I get root cause not know, abnormal rate of charge. bad intelligent device or component, special instructions, and out of cal. Before I dig into that sensor I want to be sure I’m on the right path.

  7. #7PrestonB2026-06-18 14:15

    No I do not

  8. #8Nige2026-06-18 15:04

    You do now. Check your message inbox.