Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 299d2 xhp code 723-2 need speed sensor #2 location

Davideone · 2026-06-11 10:03

Hi new here did some searching and haven’t been able to find what I need though I’m about certain it’s already on here somewhere… have a cat 299d2 xhp skid steer that is throwing 723-2 code about speed sensor #2 being out of parameters … pretty certain w tgis machine its either broken wore or maybe sensor is bad.. but first need to find which sensor it is where it is…. Appreciate any help!!

Replies2
  1. #1Davideone2026-06-11 10:12

    So I’m going to add this for extra info and hopefully helping someone else down the road.. got a pic of code and my machine is cat0299dadx200402….

  2. #2Nige2026-06-11 12:32

    See this thread. I think it may have most if not all of the answers. Based on the history of the Kubota-powered skid steer range my suspicion would fall first on a dodgy engine wiring harness, the real detective work comes to find out exactly where. Pay particular attention to the final post at the bottom of Page 3. I sent you an electrical schematic. Just be aware that for the hyperlinks (you'll REALLY need them) to work the schematic needs to be viewed on a PC or laptop. The formatting of of the Abode pdf file does not like smart phones or tablets apparently. Multiple Event codes on 299d2 Getting 350-3 lift linkage voltage above normal, 723-2 engine speed sensor #2 data erratic intermittent or incorrect and 636-2 engine position sensor (I didn’t get a pic of this alert but think verbiage was the same as 723-2). I have searched the forum and found t shooting procedures posted by... HeavyEquipmentForums