Just finished rebuilding a 2016 299D2. It was a total burnout and I'm pretty happy with the result. But it's giving three errors which are not in SIS. I have full access to SIS. The first says it's derating due to the cold. (No error#) But this happens when it's 45* outside and 55* outside, and even comes when the machine is warmed up and I turn it off/on and the coolant is 172*! I thought maybe this is a setting in ET where derate for cold is set way too high, but I can't find it. The second is a scary red alert Reagent Low #5435-1. It shows after I've been idling the engine on high for at least 45 minutes. (calibrations) I would think this is warning me that DEF fluid is low, but it's about 1/4 on the gauge. There's no such thing as an error 5435 in SIS, and why would it only happen after the machine's been running for a good while? The third error is "Loader Bucket Inclinometer Sensor : Out of Calibration" #MID 039 - CID 3700 - FMI 13. Well this is in SIS, but it says to do the calibration -- which eh, does not exist in the book. And I haven't found it in ET. I've completed the Valve Min & Max calibrations for lift and tilt, but of course this isn't to do with the inclinometer, and I can't find a calibration for it in ET. A search in SIS for inclinometer and inclin, comes up with nothing, predictably. Awful SIS. Bad SIS, bad SIS. Finally, I've replaced the body ECM, engine ECM, and DEF ECM and need to set the hours to be accurate for the machine, but I can't find where to do that in ET. Can anyone advise?
In SIS, look up media number UENR3423. It has details on your 5423 errors. Does your machine actually have a bucket inclinometer? Not all do and if the S/W is expecting to see one, it will show an error if it isn't there.
Boy, I've combed through UENR3423 and can't find anything about 5435. It does have an inclinometer in the implement carrier. I replaced it with a new one in the rebuild, just because. In the docs I find a picture of ET with the inclinometer adjustment. I'll check mine tonight again. DX200948 Ah, found 5435... but I don't fully understand it. --------------------------------------------------------------- DEF pump prime status is FALSE DEF flow control system is in uncontrollable (FCS_ERR) state - Engine torque limit for DEF injector protection (Approximately 80% of normal condition) - Stop suction tube heater - Stop delivery tube heater - Stop return tube heater - Stop DEF pump heater - Stop coolant valve - Stop DEF pump (Torque Limited) - Stop DEF injection - Invalidate diagnosis of system frozen Note: Code can occur if DEF is not thawed within 70 minute time frame. --------------------------------------------------------------- No freezing here. Most (frightfully expensive) DEF hoses are new. The pump's intake nipple had broken off so I had to plastic weld it back on. Maybe I need to add silicone around the injury? Could this be a leak in the intake? Why would it only happen after a long period?
Found the inclinometer calibration in ET, and ET sent the machine into some crazy gyrations but it completed successfully. Now at least that error is no more. Still have 3 to go. For 5435 I'm going to silicone around the pump intake where I'd welded, and check all connections. Hopefully that'll right that one.
I think your on the right track. The DEF system draws back the fluid every time the engine is turned off and performs a vacuum check for leaks.
Uh oh. Friday night I removed the DEF pump and cleaned up the intake nipple of the silicone I'd put around it. Underneath that it turns out I'd done a pretty good job of welding the plastic. Just in case though I carefully recoated it with good Permatex RTV. Then I used a drill to clean out the inside of the nipple and sure enough there were burrs inside from my welding with a soldering iron. I thought sure that would fix the no-prime problem. (I had to plastic weld because nothing else would stick to whatever this plastic is, not even Belzona ship's epoxy) Then last night I took it for a drive. After a bit, my old yellow derate message came up, and after about 45 minutes the red Aftertreatment message. Bad news. I am starting to think that these are related. But then I got a DPF regen inhibited message which I've never seen before, again I guess related to no DEF prime. In ET I checked DEF Info and at first "Pressure" was around 15psi, but then it went into negative territory and stayed there. If it's "Pressure" it should be outgoing, so how could it be negative? If it's incoming, is marginally negative, like around 2-4psi Ok? If so, why was it initially so high? And why was the DEF injector not active? Must be because of lack of fluid pressure? I noticed also that the DPF soot load is at 95%. Ominous. I couldn't find Manual Regen in ET, but it probably wouldn't work anyway without DEF fluid. I'm dangerously close to having to remove and try to clean the DPF.