Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 299d2XHP external oil cooler part number?

Wilj · 2020-07-04 10:20

Hi All as title. I’m looking for the part number for the external oil cooler for my 299d2xhp. 2019 model year. Also, is it a straight fit or are there certain procedures? tia Wil

Replies13
  1. #1Nige2020-07-04 14:18

    Post a Serial Number, and if you have a photo of the cooler you are referring to - post that as well. (Yellow Iron works on Serial Numbers, not model years. There are no less than 5 different models of 299D2)

  2. #2big ben2020-07-04 23:18

    Unless the kits for D2 changed this is like a 30 part number/ 2 day install kind of thing not just a cooler....unless you have the cooler kit already and just need a new roof mounted cooler ?

  3. #3Reuben Frazier2020-07-05 02:31

    If you don’t already have a cooler your going to save a good bit of money going with an after market cooler kit.

  4. #4Wilj2020-07-06 16:18

    Serial number DX204524. Who would ship an aftermarket one from the USA to UK?

  5. #5Reuben Frazier2020-07-07 00:57

    I can’t answer that, just contact them. Lots of company’s make them in specific or universal Kits. I know if you go with a CAT full system it’s going to be stupid expensive.

  6. #6heymccall2020-07-07 08:42

    451-8378 looks to be the field install kit part number I don't see price, though.

  7. #7Nige2020-07-07 15:25

    I can't see a price either. Have you had a word with Finning regarding the cost of the 451-8378 Kit.?

  8. #8Wilj2020-07-07 16:09

    Cheers guys. Can’t get hold of anyone as everyone (pretty much) is off because of this virus going around. I’ll see if I can log on to the online parts and send a request on price. I could find the part with serial number as it wasn’t ordered from factory on the machine

  9. #9Cmark2020-07-07 16:24

    About $4.25k Aus over here, and in stock. Seems reasonable to me when you consider what you're getting. And with it being an XHP machine, there are a few extra bits to buy.

  10. #10f311fr12020-07-07 19:42

    Only works in high flow

  11. #11Nige2020-07-08 05:12

    Good point but the OP's machine is a High Flow.

  12. #12f311fr12020-07-08 09:19

    Just saying that in continuious low flow (like a brush cutter) the aux cooler does not see the return flow. The low flow quick disconnects tee off of the high flow lines. I asked a CAT engineer when at my local dealers annual show and tell demonstration day. The email reply looked like a lawyer saying I don"t know why, which to me was an unacceptable answer. The cooler does work great when in high flow running a mulch head.

  13. #13Nige2020-07-08 09:26

    Roger - gotcha.