Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 301.5 CR

Filpy · 2025-03-05 01:42

Apols in advance for a lengthy post. Back during covid travel restrictions I took a chance and bought a used Cat 301.5 CR. Turns out it is a Mitsubishi built grey import. Still, it’s done the jobs I wanted it for, but I’d like to do some minor repairs. i could swear when I got it the track expansion/contraction was activated with a two way rocker switch. Over time this switch seized and nothing I did would free it up. So, I downloaded the parts manual I found online, looked up the part number and ordered a replacement from the local Cat dealer. What I received looks identical to the original, but only works as a one way rocker switch. Can anyone tell me how the track expansion/contraction function is supposed to work on these small machines? Could anyone point me to a wiring diagram? I’m thinking maybe I could get a generic two way rocker switch as a replacement. The machine’s serial no. is CAT03015PRAA00123. Look forward to any feedback.

Replies5
  1. #1Cmark2025-03-05 03:58

    You're right, it is a grey market machine with limited information available outside Japan. Don't get hung up on the Mitsubishi thing, it's a legitimate Cat partnership. As best I can tell, this should be your switch. Which part number did you buy?

  2. #2Filpy2025-03-05 07:25

    Thanks for the quick reply. The part number is 217-4987.

  3. #3Nige2025-03-06 15:23

    What was the publication reference of the manual you downloaded.? This is the English language Parts Manual for your machine. Also there is an unpdated Part Number for the switch - 570-3348.

  4. #4Filpy2025-03-08 01:30

    Hi Nige, Tks for chipping in. That is the manual I downloaded. I’ll ask the Cat dealer what comes up in a search with that updated part number. Where did that come from pls? To Cmark’s earlier post, my switch has 4 wires going to it, if that helps.

  5. #5Nige2025-03-08 08:04

    Can you identify any wire colours, and especially numbers, of those 4 wires.? From the snip posted above by @Cmark the two wires 616 Blue and A274 Black are for the internal lighting of the switch. It’s the other four that are used for the track expansion/contraction function. As already mentioned you have a Japan-market machine with little or no information in the online system. I used the 525-3161 Part Number and found it in another model of 301.5 sold worldwide. It was at that point I found the switch Part Number had updated.