hi. Having hydraulic issues with a cat 302.5. The boom will not lift while the bucket is curling. (They only work together at an extremely slow pace.) Also it tracks to the right. Switched lines from one track to other and right was still slower. Figured problem must be in final drive. Then noticed that if I use a boom, stick, or bucket function while traveling, it tracks straight. Now unsure of what is causing tracking problem. The boom issue what I would like to get fixed. I’m not too worried about the tracking right now. I only mention it in case the two issues might be related. It has been that way since I bought it. It is useable but not so handy for grading. I have put 80hrs on it. Serial #4az06463 1744hrs Operational checks outlined in service (cylinder cycle times) manual seem good except right track is slow. Ports 1&2 3000psi Port 3 2600psi Pilot port 400+psi Pump test as outlined in service manual: 6 seconds No metal in filter Any ideas would surely be appreciated. Thanks, Sam
These pressures during operation ? Have you done a flow test?
3000 & 2600 psi are with cylinders held against their stops. I did this flow test: Remove bucket Set engine at high idle and retract bucket cylinder. Extend stick cylinder and swing boom to left. Hold both against cylinder stops. Use stopwatch to count seconds required to fully extend bucket cylinder. Should be between 6.6 and 8.6 seconds. Mine took 6 seconds. Even though the test seems to say otherwise, would there be any real harm in turning the adjusting screw for more flow just to see what might happen? What would be the consequence? Fluid heating up? Thanks for your help.