Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 302.5 Mini Excavator problem

kazamm10611 ยท 2013-03-28 18:45

I have a mini excavator 302.5 that had hydrolic hose busted on. I replaced 2 hoses and tested it to make sure that was the only hoses busted. After i replaced them i started it up to test it and everything worked fine, However Another employee took the entire seat out and disassembled the lower half before i got to it to fix the machine. However after replacing the hoses i started it up and it ran fine. Over the weekend it rained pretty hard before i could put it back together. Today i put it back together and not it will not start. Thought it was the battery so i jumped it and nothing. i looked at the hours and it shows the hours but when i turn the key i get nothing. Any suggestions?

Replies4
  1. #1kazamm106112013-03-28 18:51

    I checked the fuses already and pulled the round electrical plug apart and re-connected it. Still nothing. Im figuring the rain did something but not sure what happened.

  2. #2kazamm106112013-03-28 18:53

    Also the hours are showing on the panel but when the key is turned nothing else lights up or happens

  3. #3mikebramel2013-03-28 23:47

    Do you have power coming into the ignition switch? If you do then I would check the switch if it has power going out

  4. #4kazamm106112013-03-29 05:53

    Re: Thats the thing it had power, but i get nothing now. I know the battery is good so its got to be somethng electrical. I just cant figure out what it is