Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 303.5 angle blade problem

OregonDiggindan · 2024-11-14 22:06

I'm having trouble with the angle function on my mini. Cat 303.5ECR. Serial# RKY00816 I assumed it was the thumb switch on the stick because it's really dirty and the magnet is falling apart. Replaced the joystick. $640 and no change. I get pressure to the right but not left so the blade is stuck full angle to the right. I'm a pretty good mechanic but can really use some advice on where to check next. Thanks much!

Replies6
  1. #1Deimos2024-11-15 01:08

    I can assume that the problem may be in both the electrical and hydraulic parts. But it is easier and faster to check the electrical part, so I recommend starting with it. Try swapping solenoids #6. Solenoids need to be swapped along with the valve, not just the coil. These valves control the blade angle.

  2. #2OregonDiggindan2024-11-15 10:26

    Thanks much for the reply. I'll give it a try.

  3. #3OregonDiggindan2024-11-15 12:48

    So, I swapped the wires to the solenoids and the blade will angle left but not right now. I'm thinking that means the valve and solenoids are ok and I'm chasing an electrical gremlin?

  4. #4OregonDiggindan2024-11-15 21:47

    I swapped the solenoids and valves with no change in the problem.

  5. #5Deimos2024-11-16 00:44

    It looks like you have a break in the K788 GY gray wire, from ECM Mashine 42З Pin to Angle Blade Solenoid Left. You need to find the break and fix it. And check the K867 YL yellow wire, it also fits the second solenoid connector, it is unlikely, but it may also have a break. If you need a complete wiring diagram, write about it.

  6. #6OregonDiggindan2024-11-16 11:59

    My thought as well. I'm slowly cleaning and chasing down that loom. Thanks for the help!