Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 303.5e Low Oil Pressure on Startup

LuckyOwl · 2022-05-06 19:01

I will get the serial number as soon as I can. It is a 2013/2014 model if that helps. I have been running it for about 250 hours since I bought it and it now has about 3800 hours on the clock. The strangest thing just started in that the low oil pressure warning appears on the screen for about 5-10 seconds on start up. It goes away after that and will not reappear until the engine is shutdown and restarted. It seems to be intermittent when the engine is warm but has happened on the last 5 cold starts. Any guesses as to what it could be? I was told the oil was changed when I bought it, but now I'm not so sure. Going to try fresh oil and filter to see if that clears things up at all.

Replies4
  1. #1Nige2022-05-06 19:29

    Do that before going any further. Use good quality oil and filters. That means nothing from the local farmer’s combine shop.

  2. #2LuckyOwl2022-05-06 19:53

    Will do. I'm lucky enough to have a cat dealership only 30 minutes away and they have the oil and filters stocked.

  3. #3LuckyOwl2022-05-10 11:16

    Just an update for people searching in the future. New filter and oil solved the issue.

  4. #4Nige2022-05-10 11:46

    It makes you wonder how long the oil you drained had been in there. Did you use a marker to write the date & hourmeter on the new filter.? It's an easy way to keep track.