Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 303c Coupler handle

MZgloves20 ยท 2019-02-17 01:34

Has anyone lost theirs and needed a replacement? After an hour on hold with cat I gave up and wondered if any of you had an idea of price. I have found nothing online.

Replies14
  1. #1Nige2019-02-17 09:02

    Do you have a Part Number..?

  2. #2MZgloves202019-02-17 16:32

    Lol no CAT customer service could not locate the item to tell me how much it is or the part number. That was being on hold off and on for an hour. Told me to call back lol

  3. #3Nige2019-02-17 17:14

    Back to first principles it is then. Machine Serial Number please..... Also how about posting a photo of the area of the machine where the handle fits..?

  4. #4Cmark2019-02-17 17:41

    Is this what you're looking for?

  5. #5Ronsii2019-02-17 17:54

    Wow, 70 bucks...

  6. #6Bls repair2019-02-17 20:28

    Can you measure hole and make one yourself.

  7. #7Ronsii2019-02-17 20:30

    That's what I was thinking... it's probably just a 1/2 or 5/8 square on the end like the bobcat tool.

  8. #8HALSJCB2019-02-18 00:08

    I would do as others have already suggested. Just get a length of cold rolled steel the proper diameter and have at it. Should cost a lot less than $70. The bar that came with my quick coupler is just a round bar with a short bend in the end.

  9. #9Nige2019-02-18 05:59

    Call me suspicious if you like but I wonder if the clue as to why the handle broke in the first place might be due to the lack of something being applied to the part located in the red circle..?

  10. #10excavator2019-02-18 11:45

    What is your time worth? I would dare say that by the time you determine what's needed, go buy it and build it to work you will have more that $70.00 invested in it.

  11. #11Ronsii2019-02-18 20:15

    There's always 'free time' although not really free but it's time I could use to 'make money' when I'm not making money... and in reality this simple tool could easily be made in less than 10 minutes Although 70 bucks for any tool isn't too bad anymore... but it just shows you with cat pricing it ought to be 10 bucks

  12. #12MZgloves202020-07-29 02:06

    Thank for the info. I made one since the dealer is over an hour away. It was not broken or misused. A third party operator lost it after changing the bucket. He was trying to use a piece of rebar and I was not ok with that.

  13. #13MZgloves202020-07-29 02:07

    Thank you for the reply. It was not broken it was lost by another person.

  14. #14MZgloves202020-07-29 02:09

    I made one. Wasnt worth the hour drive each way. It is a round end. Thanks!